Well, I’ve learned a little lesson here this morning from posting an important news release over on my business site, ClaxtonCreative.com.
I found last week a great tool that helps make it easier to embed video from YouTube right into a blog post. It’s really tricky. Not.
You take the coding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cQWj_qxxbM and instead of having to go get all that embedding language and then go into the HTML settings here in WordPress, you simply add a V to the end of the http: prefix so it looks like this: httpv: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cQWj_qxxbM as such. (I put a bunch of space in between v: and // so that it would stay so I could show you and not add the video box.)
But Don’t Do This With Email
I’ve sent news releases via email this morning all over America promoting my client’s book: What your pastor didn’t tell you about ‘The Prosperity Message.’
In the news release, I copied the text from the WordPress posting over there and pasted into an email. Well, it doesn’t work that way. I’d even loaded it into PitchEngine with the v. It didn’t work either.
So please, this great short cut works well in WordPress, and doesn’t work at all in Email or PitchEngine.
And it was embarrassing to have to send out a followup updated release saying: Here’s the proper link.
- YouTube Videos In WordPress: How To Embed, Wrap Text, Set Autoplay, Resize, Align…and avoid iframe problems (davidglarson.com)
- Tech Note: New-Style Video Embedding in LGF Pages (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Mark Embedded YouTube Videos to Watch Later [YouTube] (lifehacker.com)
- Integrating YouTube to WordPress: The Best Specific Plugins (forthelose.org)
- Start Video Blogging With Templatic Free Premium Video WordPress Theme (shoutmeloud.com)
- PitchEngine Launches Newsroom for Facebook (mediabistro.com)
- How To Make A WordPress.com Blog Look Self-Hosted & Professional (makeuseof.com)
- YouTube now lets you watch embedded videos later on YouTube.com (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- HTTPS Support for YouTube Embeds (apiblog.youtube.com)