Check out my favorite YouTube influencers and their channels.
I subscribe to these channels and feel like I know each of them to the degree one can from watching an accumulation of glimpses into their daily lives. These peeps are important to me because they’ve taught me so much about the topics I am most interested in.
TBH, you could even say they’ve each had a hand in making this website possible.
Their insights, tutorials, and ceaseless number of videos can change your world, just as they have mine.
I’m forever indebted to each person or their channel listed, by category, below.
This section of YouTube influencers focuses on channels involving different aspects of off-grid living.
Here you can learn a lifetime’s worth of information on bushcraft, camping, gardening, homesteading, and off-grid living itself.
To bring it all home to my area of focus, I’ve also included a section about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and since Hannah Lee Duggan is only a few hours to the west when she’s home, I went ahead and put her in that category, too. No, the woman is not a Yooper, but after a couple of years of watching her van life, small cabin life, world travels, and now, her life in her beautiful home not so far away from Marquette, well, I think it fits well in the category.
- Advoko MAKES (Cool and innovative Russian bush crafter)
- Dave from Bushradical
- Careena Alexis
- Felix Immler
- Luxon Bushcraft
- Wildbeare If you ever watched Season 2 of ‘FLEABAG,” here’s the answer to, “Where’s Claire?”
- Emily Aisling (Off-grid, cool daughter of Shawn James)
- Isabel Paige
- Maya Feliz
- Girl in the Woods
- Katie and Greg: This Off-Grid Life
Upper Peninsula of Michigan or Just ‘North’
- 906 Outdoors (The only area code for the UP is 906 and Yoopers put the number everywhere.)
- Hannah Lee Duggan (This woman and I think and act much alike.)
- MI Playground
- Restless Viking
- BeaverCraft (They make woodcarving tools)
- Alec LaCasse (Pals with Doug Linker.)
- Doug Linker (I have great respect for Doug and his carvings. I’ve learned so much. He’s also pals with Shawn James.)
- Gene Messer (The Master, who seems to be handing the torch to Doug Linker.)
- Bjorn Benton
- Erik Grankvist
- My Self-Reliance and his second channel, Shawn James (Emily Aisling‘s dad, and pals with Doug Linker.)
- Trustin Timber
- Izzy Swan (The Man when it comes to making your own Alaskan Sawmill and Lifts)
- Rex Krueger (I’ve built and made several of his tools–He sells the plans, too.)
Logging | Log Hewing
- 따로 ddalo
- Dovetail Timberworks
- Finnish Playground
- Japanese Architecture
- Japanese Tools Australia (While it might seem these guys are on the wrong continent, they know their stuff.)
- Mr. Chickadee (Think of him as the “Shane of Timber Framing” in the US)
- Shelter Institute
- Shoyan Japanese Carpenter
The YouTube influencers within this section are into my other interests and I have found to be the best of the best of what they do in AI generation and application, search engine optimization, copywriting, Etsy stores, Newsy stuff, voice coaching, the weather, and YouTube stuff.
These are my go-to channels when it comes to the revolution that’s now taking place in the virtual world via the enhancement of AI generation of content.
I was a pioneer of the early days of the internet as of early 1994. I even tried to follow the Jun2 1994 O.J. Simpson Bronco chase throughout Los Angeles via a laptop, a 14.4 PCMCIA card, and dial-up CompuServe.
With the way AI via ChatGPT etc the first half of 2023, it feels like 1994 all over again, but at a much faster adoption rate.
In March of 2023, I was watching YouTube videos on ChatGPT and Mid-Journey that were a month or two old and learning a lot.
As of May 2023, I won’t watch such a video that’s older than FIVE DAYS, because, in that time, anything published before is all but obsolete.
AI & SEO Stuff
- Ashlyn Writes (Ashlyn S. Carter)
Funny Newsy Stuff
Voice Coaching Stuff
YouTube Video Stuff
As a small business owner do the rapid changes in AI make you feel like you’re trying to drink from a firehose?
As a small business owner, is trying to keep up with the changes in AI make you feel like you’re trying to drink water out of a firehose?
Worse, by chance do you lack the time, energy, or staff to stop everything and investigate?
Now, as you will find on my Small Business Owners AI Page, I offer consultations about what I personally have learned and applied to the development of this site and my own adventures. And I know, most small business owners in America don’t have the time, energy, or personnel to invest a lot of time in the to-do about AI Generation.
So with a brief survey, I offer 15-minute calls for free to discuss the scope of a desired project or one-on-one training session.
Anything longer than that is $150 an hour, with a minimum of two hours in a package.
Call, email, or inquire before your competitors jump so far ahead of you, your business will never catch up!