We’ve had a great 24 hours of creative development using the newly released Adobe Creative Cloud CS6 tools uploaded for public use and consumption on May 11, 2012. At the end of Day One, it still feels like Christmas Morning.
Last week we began a major HTML 5 overhaul of our site and refocused our company’s mission on the niche industry of interactive books for the iPad. We still do PR and we still do web design, startups and photography and video work. But going forward, our primary focus is on “making things glow.”
And so today we’ve posted a new video bumper you will begin seeing in all Claxton Creative, LLC produced videos. This 12-second video is the result of multiple hours of testing, designing, editing, experimenting, reformatting and at times, near frustration. But alas. We have something designed we are quite proud to show.
The tools used to make this piece included Photoshop Extended CS6, Illustrator CS6, Premier Pro CS6 and Media Encoder CS6 from Adobe. The audio tracks were built using Garage Band and they were all put together using a 17″ 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 with 8 GB 1333 MHz RAM.
Yesterday we upgraded the RAM from the standard 4 GB that the machine came with to 8 GB through a purchase from Crucial.
The only issue we have had yet was when we tried to do a lot of sound editing in Premier Pro yesterday and it kept crashing. But it appears that we should really have been using Audition CS6 instead, so maybe that’s the rub. We’ll see.
But all in all, we could not be happier with the release of all of these incredible tools, and for us, because we already owned Photoshop CS4, are only costing us $29.99 per month for one year. Hopefully, we’ll be selling interactive books for the iPad at the rate of a bazillion a day by next May and we won’t really worry about it going to $49.99 a month…
- New Touch Apps: Adobe Proto and Adobe Collage for iPad (blogs.adobe.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Proto and Collage Released (ipadnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Adobe releases iPad versions of ‘Collage’ & ‘Proto’ apps (9to5mac.com)
- Adobe Launches Creative Cloud and Muse, Augments iOS App Offerings (macrumors.com)
- Adobe Launches Creative Cloud, Proto, Collage for iPad, Updates Touch Apps (macstories.net)
- Adobe Creative Cloud with CS6 software and extras now live (venturebeat.com)
- Adobe rolls out Creative Cloud, Muse 1.0 (electronista.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Now Available (dmxzone.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud now available for $49.99 per month, includes access to Creative Suite 6 and Adobe Muse (theverge.com)
- Adobe updates Photoshop Touch for iPad with better resolution (tuaw.com)
- Adobe launches Creative Cloud subscription service (news.cnet.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Now Available (sys-con.com)
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite 6 now available (tuaw.com)
- Adobe CS6 Available For Purchase, Creative Cloud Coming May 11th (mac.appstorm.net)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Now Available, Creative Cloud to Follow on May 11 (macrumors.com)
- Adobe CS6 Available Today, Creative Cloud Coming This Friday (macstories.net)
- Available Now: Adobe Creative Cloud (typekit.com)
- That left over feeling (cleardebt.co.uk)
- Adobe shows-off Creative Cloud and CS6 features at launch event (venturebeat.com)